Home

Monday, November 22, 2010

Town Hall Brewery: Masala Mama

Masala Mama
Town Hall Brewery
1430 Washington Ave S
Minneapolis, MN




Aroma: (11/12) 
Huge grapefruit and orange! Tropical fruit hops dominate. Super enticing.
Appearance: (3/3) 
Copper in color. Poured from the tap with a nice fluffy, one-fingered head. Insane lacing, even before I took my first sip.
Flavor: (18/20) 
Grapefruit and big hoppy bitterness upfront. Little to no malt present. A west coast style IPA. This beer really reminds me of the Green Flash West Coast IPA. Hops only intensify from the front-end to the back. Wonderful!
Mouthfeel: (5/5) 
Light in body with a great hoppy bite.
Overall Impression: (10/10) 
I haven't had a better IPA (besides Pliny and Green Flash West Coast IPA). It's crazy that this is available in my backyard. I much prefer this beer to Surly Furious, as it is lighter and the malts take a definite back seat to the hops.
TOTAL: 47/50 


click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment