Home

Friday, October 15, 2010

Russian River Brewing Co.: Pliny the Elder

Pliny the Elder DIPA
Russian River Brewing Co.
725 4th Street
Santa Rosa, CA



I had this at Brouwer's. I was hoping that it would be on tap, but none-the-less, a bottle will do. This is the first time for me trying this insanely acclaimed beer. I had this brew on October 12th, the bottled on date was marked as September 23rd. Three weeks, old...I'll take it!

Aroma: (11/12) 
Super duper fresh with tons of citrus. Orange and mango dominate! The hops jump out from the glass after I poured it into the glass.
Appearance: (3/3) 
Really clear. Orange/copper-colored. Half-fingered head on the bottle pour. This brew has insane lacing, it grabs and hangs on for life!
Flavor: (19/20) 
Holy cow! The depth of the hops continue from the aroma to the front-end, all the way through the middle-tongue and on to the finish. Hops dominate malt, without question. Some pepperiness present. Somewhat dry. Outrageous piney hops in here!
Mouthfeel: (5/5) 
Light to medium-bodied. Slickness and some grittiness from hops. Definite dry finish.
Overall Impression: (10/10) 
If you like hops, this beer is a must! I'm not breaking any news here, but this was my first time enjoying this gem. More intense than Three Floyds Dreadnaught, but not as fruity. A hop-heads dream. Extremely impressed.
TOTAL: 48/50 


NEXT BEER:   Black Raven Brewing Company's Fresh Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment