Home

Monday, January 25, 2010

Example of Mapping Beer Sales

Ok, so I've exploring the idea of mapping beer sales and like ideas to get a better idea of where things are selling.  This is just an example and I am using Summit and Horizon Red Ale as just an example, this map is not based on any sales data at all, only for purposes of me mapping possibilities.  I used Madison Wisconsin as the example area.  I've been toying with the idea of putting my mapping skills and profession into something like this.

Let me know what you think about this idea of mapping beer sales/data.....

Click HERE to view large map.


2 comments:

  1. I thought I had posted a comment on this a while back but it must have failed. I like this, but then again I am a big map guy. What I would like someone to develop is a real time beer charter that will let you know where a certain beer is on tap. E.G. enter Surly Darkness and an MSP metro map pops up with all the places that the beer is on tap. This would require some dilligent reporting from the publicans but it would be great for us consumers. Cheers, Kelly, DA

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is really cool. on an airplane one time, a dude told me that over 90% of michelob golden draft light is sold in the minnesota/wisconsin area. I had no idea. i don't think i've ever had it, but it made me want to try it.
    i asked around some beer distributors, and they weren't really sure.
    but i bet there are a lot more surprising centers of beer consumption that you wouldn't expect.

    ReplyDelete