Home

Friday, July 9, 2010

Flying Dog Brewing Co.: In-Heat Wheat Hefe

 Hefeweizen
Flying Dog Brewing Co.
4607 Wedgewood Blvd
Frederick, MD





Aroma: (9/12) 
An interesting smell from this Hefe, almost an aluminum-like aroma. No hints of banana or cloves at all. Not a lot of wheat undertones, either.
Appearance: (3/3) 
The looks of this is spot on. Very deep straw color that can't be seen through. Head is great. Hefeweizens usually are highly carbonated and with the % of wheat, the head should and is destructible.
Flavor: (14/20) 
I swear I can taste aluminum in this beer, and I should know; I use to brew with aluminum and this is the flavor that would sometimes sneak in. I got rid of that shit, right away! No banana or clove tastes in the least.
Mouthfeel: (3/5) 

Mouthfeel is nice. Not as well-rounded as a hefe should be, though. Still, it's a tad velvety. A little lighter body than should be./span>
Overall Impression: (6/10) 
After trying the Schell's Hefeweizen and being to Germany on a number of times, this beer is really bland and has no typical Hefeweizen anything. I wouldn't search this one out!
TOTAL: 35/50 

No comments:

Post a Comment