Home

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Iron Horse Brewing Co.: Fresh Hop IPA

Fresh Hop IPA
Iron Horse Brewing Co.
416 N Main
Ellensburg, WA





I'm on vacation in Seattle! What a great city and what great views! Oh yeah, great beer, too! I'm going to be checking out a whole bunch of places/breweries and brewpubs and sharing them with you. The first place I stopped at last night was Brouwer's Cafe. What an unbelievable tap selection. 60 beers on tap! Most of these beers I can't get in Minnesota, so I'll be sharing quite a few beers with you. I'll add pictures of the joints I go to, so you all can check it out too! Time for some Seattle coffee....

Aroma: (10/12) 
Really citrusy, mainly orange and mango. Some malt on the nose, but very little. Very green/fresh smelling - as would be expected.
Appearance: (3/3) 
A hazy orange hue. Poured from the tap with a half-fingered head. Already fabulous lacing, even before the first sip.
Flavor: (18/20) 
Wow! Very nice and somewhat strong hops upfront, but isn't too much of a punch in the face. You get the uber fresh hops upfront, in the middle, the malt rises to an almost Imperial IPA level. The finish is mostly hops of the citrus sort.
Mouthfeel: (5/5) 
Medium bodied as it almost tastes like a red or Imperial red.
Overall Impression: (10/10) 
This beer is unbelievable! Almost a fresh hop Rye IPA. The citrus fresh hops dove-tail fantastically with the red/rye flavor. This beer does remind me of the Founders Red Rye for sure! Excellent work!
TOTAL: 46/50 

No comments:

Post a Comment